ECHS Program at Crockett High School:
Making College Accessible!
- Partnership is between Austin ISD and Austin Community College (ACC).
- Students can earn tuition-free, college credits that also satisfy high school requirements, up to 60 credits of free college! Students can earn an associate's degree at the same time as a high school diploma.
- Students must meet college-readiness standards to take college courses. If college-ready, students may start college courses their freshman year.
- Students attend college classes during the day at South Austin ACC campus (with the exception of EDUC 1300).
- Students can access college support services including college advising, career counseling and free tutoring, use of facilities and participate in events for free.
We are looking for students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Students who are entering their 9th or 10th grade year
- Students who are 1st generation college potential (neither custodial parent has received a 4-year degree)
- Students who would benefit from accelerated academic instruction
- Students who are at-risk of not completing high school or pursuing higher education
- Students who are under-served in higher education
The Early College High School program is open to any student that meets the eligibility criteria listed above.
- For incoming 9th or 10th graders who would like to join the program the upcoming Spring.
- Application deadline has been extended to June 16.
- After submitting application, student(s) must meet college ready requirements.
- If a student does not meet college-ready requirements, he/she will be enrolled in a college readiness class (if schedule permits) or participate in TSI tutorials, and have the opportunity to enroll in college courses the following fall.
- Students are required to participate in a summer bridge program where they receive classes in college readiness, reading, writing, and college ready test preparation. Students who meet the college-ready requirements during the summer bridge can register to begin college classes in the Fall semester.
To apply students must submit:
- Application Form, Essay, STAAR Scores, Report Card, Attendance Records
- Two Teacher Recommendation Forms
Location: Crockett High School
Dates: July 10th - 28th, Week 1 (10th - 13th) & Week 2 (17th - 20th) Mon-Thur, Week 3 (24th-28th) M-F.
Times: 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
- ECHS Orientation
- Team Building
- College Readiness
- TSI Readiness
- Study Skills Development
- ACC Advising and Registration
- Parent Meetings
- Field Trip
If you have questions about the Early College High School program at David Crockett High School, contact:
Mrs. Tai Choice, Academy Director
ph. 512-414-7898 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org