The Early College High School program is open to any student that meets the eligibility criteria listed on the What is ECHS? page, but students must complete an application. The program has two application periods throughout the year: Fall and Spring. The application deadline for Spring, 2019 will be October 22, 2018.
Note: Fall applications are open to students entering 9th or 10th grades. Spring applications are open to students currently enrolled in 9th or 10th grades.
- After students apply and are notified of program acceptance, they are required to take the TSI test.
- If a student does not meet college-ready requirements (passing TSI score in Reading and Writing), he/she will have the opportunity to be enrolled in a college readiness class (if schedule permits) or participate in TSI tutorials. After the student retests and passes, they will have the opportunity to enroll in college courses the following semester.
- All students applying to start ECHS in the fall (recommended) are required to participate in a summer bridge program where they receive classes in college readiness, reading, writing, and college ready test preparation. Students who meet the college-ready requirements during the summer bridge can register to begin college classes in the Fall semester. Applicants must contact Ms. Capps if there is a conflict for Summer Bridge.
To apply students must:
- Submit the application ONLINE at https://goo.gl/forms/lRQQ0E53B8DDJyVC3
- OR print and submit a paper program application, a paper application can be found here.
- All applicants must type and submit a two page essay addressing one of the prompts included in the application packet. Please submit your essay with your application packet.
- Signed Student Expectations and Parent Expectations provided upon receipt of ECHS application.
If you have questions about the Early College High School program at David Crockett High School, contact:
Brittany Capps Phone: 512 414-7808 Email: email@example.com