Are you interested in a career in one of the nation's fastest-growing and in-demand industries?
Crockett Early College (ECHS) offers a multi-year program designed to enable students to gain employment upon graduation, pursue post-secondary education or both.
The 9,200 sq. ft. Construction Technology building enables students to use professional equipment and take AISD and/or Austin Community College (ACC) courses providing learning opportunities in the following areas: carpentry; construction methods; mechanical, electrical and plumbing; blueprint reading; cost estimating; material management and project management. Students will be ready to enter the competitive construction job market and will be capable of building structures and managing construction processes.
Students will complete the required high school graduation courses and, in addition, have the opportunity to earn up to 30 college credits toward an ACC Associate Degree in Construction Management at the Crockett campus. After graduation the student may complete the degree at ACC. The college classes are offered completely free saving students and their families thousands of dollars.
Certifications and Degree
Students have the opportunity to earn, alongside their high school diploma, each of the following:
- First Aid / CPR / AED certificate
- OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 (Occupational Safety and Health) certificates;
- NCCER Core and NCCER Carpentry Level 1 (National Center for Construction Education and Research) credentials;
- ACC Carpentry Specialization Level 1 Certificate;
- ACC Associate of Applied Science in Construction Management
The program's partnership team is comprised of representatives from various industry partners, including employers, trade associations and training centers, and organizations that provide curricular guidance and opportunities for work-based learning activities, such as job shadowing and site visits and, in grade 11 and/or 12, the opportunity for either a paid or unpaid internship on a job site. Listed here are a few of the partners.
- Home Builders Association of Greater Austin
- Associated Builders and Contractors and Associated General Contractors
- Centex Independent Electrical Contractors, Inc. and Austin Electrical Training Association
- Marek Brothers
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
- Ryan Companies, U.S. Inc.
- Texas Carpenters and Millwrights Training Trust Fund
- UA Local 286 Plumbers and Pipefitters
- City of Austin
- Rogers-O'Brien Construction
- Skillpoint Alliance
- Walker Engineering
- Workforce Solutions